What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 26 scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators. These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
To check our listing on the Trust Mark website Click here
What makes selecting TrustMark tradesmen so worthwhile?
- A firm’s technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspections, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
- Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
- The approved scheme operator has checked and will continue to monitor the firm’s quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
- Firms are able to offer an Insurance Backed Warranty;
- Deposit Protection Insurance is available for consumers in the event a firm should cease trading;
- Firms will be able to tell you about any building regulations you must comply with and may also be able to provide appropriate certificates;
- If you have a problem or disagreement with the firm, there will be a clear and user-friendly complaints procedure to help resolve the issue;
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
- All of these checks will give you – Peace of Mind
If a firm displays our TrustMark logo you know that we have approved and inspected the firm through one of our scheme operators and found that the firm meets the required Government endorsed criteria as described above. Find out more on how to avoid rogue traders.